iOS & iPadOS 13.3 Released for your iPhone & iPad
The updates are not stopping and will never stop so please embrace the fact you have more to do. Wherever possible I have "Automatic Updates" ON to save having to do these steps manually, but if your devices are yet to update please follow these steps and update now.
Yes updates are a pain but they help keep us secure, fix bugs and occasionally add some great functionality as well so don't delay. This update fixes quite a few bugs (and does add a few too!) Check them now.
Make sure you have a current backup! Settings >Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup > ON
Once you can see a successful recent backup proceed with the update
Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates > ON
Download and Install Now if the Automatic Update has not been applied yet.
You may need to re-enter your devices Passcode to proceed with the update
This update includes bug fixes and other improvements listed below...
- Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
- Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
- Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
- Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
- Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
- Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
- Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
- Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
And for your Mac, Apple Watch & Apple TV more updates too.
4th generation or later Apple TVs have a new update tvOS 13.3
tvOS 13.3, like all Apple operating system updates is a free update and can be downloaded through the Settings app on the Apple TV.
Open the Settings App on your Apple TV and goto System -> Software Update. If you have automatic software updates turned on you may have already been upgraded to tvOS 13.3.
The Apple Watch has had a minor update to WatchOS 6.1.1
There are no new features with this update (The update "provides important security updates and is recommended for all users.") but appears to be only for bug fixes and security updates.
To update your Watch it must be on its charger until the update completes.
On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab. Tap General > Software Update.
Download the update. If asked for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, enter it.
Most Apple Watch updates take 20 minutes so don't do this if you need to go out soon.
The Mac has not been left out of this update cycle. macOS Catalina has been updated to 10.15.2
You can check out Apple release notes here to see what new features have been added in this update.
Once again please make sure that you have made a backup with Time Machine before you start this update.